How to prepare the gelatine:
- Put gelatine sheets in a blow, cover with water and add ice cubes
- Leave for 5 minutes until they turn soft.
- In a small saucepan, heat small amount of the sparkling water until it begins to simmer.
- Gently, squeeze the gelatine and add it to the warm sparkling water.
- Whisk gently until gelatine has dissolved completely.
- Remove it from the heat and then add the remaining sparkling water.
- Pour this liquid into a jug to be poured over the fruits.
How to prepare the fruits:
- Take a medium-sized loaf tin and line it with 3 layers of plastic wrap to be able to cover all the sides.
- Peel and cut all the fruits into bite size pieces, except for the blueberries and raspberries.
- Gently mix the fruits together in a large bowl, to avoid getting bruised.
- Place the fruits into the plastic wrap coated loaf tin you can arrange them one by one.
- Arrange the bottom layer with the smallest, prettiest-shaped fruit first as this will be on top when the terrine is turned out.
- Continue to fill the loaf tin with cut fruits until 5 cm before the top of the pan.
- Pour the entire liquid over the fruits.
- Now lay a sheet of cling film over the terrine and put it in the fridge for approximately 1 hour.
- To make the Mascarpone cheese topping, mix the cheese with the whipping cream and vanilla extract or fresh vanilla if available.
- When you are ready to serve, turn out the terrine on to a plate, and cut it into slices
- Serve the plate with the mixture of Mascarpone cheese and vanilla or ice cream.
- You can also sprinkle with some fresh mint and few pieces of strawberry.