- Heat the oven to 160 °c.
- Boil the egg until hard boiled approx. 3 minutes. When cool, peel and
put aside until needed.
- Grill the slices of Halloumi on the grill pan and put it aside until
- Cut the chicken fillet in half so it is thinner, this will help it
- Heat a grill pan until hot then brush with olive oil and cook chicken
for 3 minutes on each side then place on an oven tray and put in oven
and cook for a further 4 minutes.
Potato hash browns are what hold the burger together; instead of bread you can use this delicious crunchy potato hash as a base and top.
- Leave the skin on the potato and grate it over a bowl until you have
1 cup of grated potato .
- Then squeeze it with your hands until the potato sticks together and
excess moisture is removed.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the dry oregano to the mixture.
- Shape mixture into 2 large round balls.
- Then heat a frying pan to medium heat, brush with olive oil and place
the potato mix into the pan.
- Using a spatula, squash the mix until 2cm thick and approx.5cm round.
- Then cook slowly on both sides until golden.
- While the potato mix is cooking you can make the salsa.
Prepare fresh fun salsa:
- Chop all ingredients into small bite size pieces.
- Mix together in a medium size bowl .
- Cover with lemon juice and sprinkle with finely chopped mint.
Chef’s tip: the salsa looks best if all ingredients are chopped the same size.
Now its time to put the burger together:
Place one of the potato rounds on a plate then place the cooked chicken, the grilled Halloumi,the fresh baby spinach leaves the chopped sun dried tomatoes and carefully put the second potato round on to make the top of the burger.