- Heat the oven to 180°c.
- Chop the onion finely and set it aside.
- Chop the celery, ginger, chili and tomatoes. Put them aside until needed.
Make the lentil and tomato sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tbsp of oil over low heat.
- Add the chopped onion and heat it until it gets soft. But make sure it doesn’t get brown in color.
- Add the chopped celery, ginger, red chili and tomatoes. Stir them together.
- Sprinkle in a pinch of salt and pepper and stir them together.
- Cook the mixture uncovered on a low heat for 40 minutes, until the sauce gets thick. You will need to stir the sauce occasionally.
Once it gets ready, cover the sauce and put it aside until you add the lentils.
- In another medium saucepan, put the lentils and cover them with cold water, then add a pinch of salt and cook them over a low heat until
they get soft (approximately 10 minutes).
- When the lentils get soft and cooked, drain them from the water.
- Add the cooked lentils to the tomato sauce mixture, and stir them together.
- Add a pinch of cumin to the mixture, stir, and put the sauce aside until needed.
Prepare the crunchy potatoes:
- Cut the potatoes into small cubes and boil them. Set them aside until needed.
- Wash the potatoes and then dice them into small cubes, approx. 1cm x 1cm.
- Cook them for approx. 5min, until they get half-cooked, so that their texture remains a little bit firm.
- Rinse the potatoes and put them in an oven tray. Sprinkle a little bit of olive oil and a pinch of salt and leave them in the hot oven
for approx. 6 minutes, until they get crunchy and golden.
- When they get fully cooked, remove them from the oven, put them aside.
- While the potatoes are being cooked in the oven, you can start cooking the fish.
Cook the fish fillet:
- Take the fish fillets and rub them with olive oil, and sprinkle little salt and pepper.
- Heat a small frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and leave it till it gets a little hot, then add the fish fillet.
- Cook the fish on each side for 1 ½ minutes.
- Put the fish in an oven tray and leave it in the oven for approx. 4mins.
Serve the dish:
- On a medium serving platter, place the tomato and lentil mix in the middle of the plate, then put the cooked fish at the top.
- Put the cooked crunchy potatoes around the lentils and decorate your plate with fresh coriander or any other fresh green herbs.