- In a large bowl, put the couscous, 2 tbsp of olive oil, pinch of salt, pepper and zest of a lemon. Cover the bowl with hot water, just enough to cover the couscous. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Wash and cut all vegetables (except for the cucumber and spring onion) into thin slices. Put the vegetables into another large mixing bowl. Then add 2 tbsp of olive oil, chopped garlic, thyme (Zaatar) and keep it for 20 minutes.
-Heat a large frying pan, and then add the chopped vegetables. Keep grilling the vegetables until they become golden brown. Allow them to cool down, and then cut them into medium, bite-sized pieces.
- Now that everything is ready, remove the cling film from the couscous, then use a fork to fluff the couscous so it separates.
- Add the grilled vegetables to the couscous, along with the chopped spring onions and diced cucumber.
- Finally, sprinkle the couscous with feta cheese, dry plumbs, pommel and roasted cajun nuts. Add salt and lemon juice to taste, and sprinkle it with basil.
Chef Note: You can use any herbs and dried fruits like mint, rosemary, dried apricots or raisins. Haloumi cheese can be used instead of the Feta cheese.